SVJP Open Position: Membership Development Manager
Position Description- Membership Development Manager
Silicon Valley Japan Platform
Full-Time Benefited Position
The Silicon Valley Japan Platform (SVJP) connects business, political and cultural leaders from the United States and Japan. Through active participation in our events, our community of leading business executives forge trusted peer relationships that drive better business outcomes. Our mission is to create opportunities, build lasting relationships and support organizations to expand and prosper across the Pacific.
Role and Responsibilities
The SVJP Membership Development Manager will be an integral part of a rapidly growing initiative focused on building collaborative ties between the United States and Japan, particularly in the area of technology. The Membership Development Manager position will have primary responsibility for driving the acquisition and retention of paid corporate members and sponsors of the Silicon Valley Japan Platform. The position requires an individual who is flexible, able to multi-task and prioritize, takes initiative, is well-organized with excellent communication skills, is able to plan and meet deadlines, and is comfortable working independently and as part of a team. Travel to Japan may be expected. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the SVJP President to assist in building and maintaining a target list of sponsor and member companies
- Research requirements and interests for U.S. companies and U.S. company CEOs related to Japan
- Research requirements and interests for the heads of Japanese subsidiaries and identify opportunities for SVJP community interactions
- Research requirements and interests for Japan corporate member companies to identify opportunities for Silicon Valley corporate member interactions
- Create compelling marketing materials to help in recruitment of sponsors and member companies
- Identify and nurture opportunities for collaboration between SVJP Japan corporate members and U.S. prospective and current members and sponsors
- Manage the recruitment of U.S. corporate sponsors and members, as well as the ongoing support of these sponsors/members to help ensure their renewals
- Communicate and interact with members/sponsors to ensure that expectations are met
- Provide input to the SVJP programs team on themes/topics that would be compelling for U.S. corporate sponsors and members
- Other duties as may be assigned
Location and Reporting: This position is based in Silicon Valley, primarily working remotely and occasionally providing in-person event support. This position reports to the President of the SVJP (U.S.-Japan Council).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years work experience (including internships) in for-profit and/or non-profit organizations in client research, client/membership management, or related fields
- Demonstrated commitment to SVJP’s mission and ability to communicate this to potential stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Interest and experience in U.S.-Japan and Asia relations
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with entrepreneurs, incubators, universities, U.S. companies, and traditional Japanese companies
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information
- Comfort with ambiguity, the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities, and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English required. Fluency in Japanese language is strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency with MS Office, Google Workspace, Salesforce, etc.
Those interested in applying for the SVJP Membership Development Manager position may submit their inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.